Alright, I said I would post tips for Disney Cruises- Here are ten of the best tips I have found. (Not one of the ten best BUT everyone considering a Disney Cruise should order their FREE DVD from the website. It gives you a great overview of ships, staterooms and Castaway Cay)
10. Theatre Snacks- If you are planning on going to any of the evening shows the theatre's sell popcorn and other snacks outside. These are usually fairly expensive. If you go to the drink station by the pool you can fill your drinks for free, they also usually have cookies (free) or order cookies from room service (cost of a tip for room service).
9. Dine and Play is a wonderful thing. If you have the second dinner seating you you can inform your server your children would like to participate in the dine and play. The children will be served first. After they finish eating the youth counselors will escort your children to the children's clubs. You finish your meal in peace at a leisurely pace. Yes, almost an entire meal in peace.
8. Use room service to order breakfast on the morning of your Castaway Cay day. You can have breakfast early and be off the ship early before it is crowded.
7. If you haven't participated in a Fish Extender on a Disney Cruise before I would highly recommend it. Google Disney Fish Extender and you will have fun spending hours looking at all the creative and over the top ideas people have.
6. If you want an inexpensive souvenir for your trip- Pack a white pillowcase. Put it in a ziploc bag with some sharpie markers. Drop it off at Guest Services (they have a form for you till fill out) The characters will sign the pillowcase for your child during the trip. (I have also seen this done will matte's for pictures)
5. There is a post office on Castaway Cay. You can mail postcards home from the island. Bring small change.
4.If you are a runner there is a FREE runDisney event on Castaway Cay, the Castaway Cay 5k. You will find information about it in your Navigator the night before you Castaway Cay day. It's fun, free and you get a bib and medal. (I know some of you love race bling and this one is pretty awesome)
3. Room Service can supply you with unlimited Mickey Bars. They are not on the menu, but they have them. These cult favorites are free (included with your cruise) and can be ordered day or night.
2. If you happen to be on a ship with an AquaDuck water slide wait times go way down in the afternoon and evening. (Even better when you are in port and you stay on the ship)
1. Not all Disney Staterooms are created equal. There are some with "Secret Verandahs" others with "secret portholes." There are even some that are considered regular cabins that are the size of jr. suites. Do your research, use a Disney Travel Specialist whatever- just get the most for your money.
That's it. There they are. Ten of the best tips I have found. Do you have any to share?