1. Outlets- Orlando is home to two enormous outlet malls. I only mention this because one of them houses a Lululemon outlet and I know some of you love Lulu. (I should say, I know a bunch of families I have planned trips for are huge Lululemon fans)
2. Kings Orlando- Kings Orlando is a VERY nice bowling alley. Excellent food, comfy couches for between rolls, clean- totally family friendly during the day (and much cheaper than the bowling that opened in Downtown Disney)
2. Showcase of Citrus- Pick your own citrus orchards. They can ship it home for you too. We went last year and had a lot of fun, low-key family fun. We picked oranges, lemons and the kids played with the hula hoops, cozy coupes etc... You pay for what you pick.
3. Gatorland- Alligators, alligators, alligators. Not too expensive and fun. Old fashioned kind of family fun. No rides, no high tech anything. Just a gator park.
4. Central Florida Zoo- In Sanford. Bigger than the Lehigh Valley Zoo, smaller than Philly. Fun, not expensive. And they have a ZOOM Air there. Zoom Air has a ropes course for kids. (Little kids, like Addie) You can make reservations for the Zoom Air Portion but you don't have too. This place is a lot of fun, without a high price tag.
5. Celebration, FL- No attraction here. This is the town Disney built. It has a nice Downtown area you can wander for awhile. Several excellent restaurants, shops and homemade ice cream. During the holidays they have a nightly holiday celebration where it snows and Santa comes and it is very family friendly and laidback.
6. Winter Park- Winter Park is a very nice little town about 20 minutes from WDW. It has a main street, Park Avenue, with shops (mom and pop and high end) and restaurants (Toasted- grilled cheese restaurant is there) In addition, Rollins College Campus is there as well. PLUS Winter Park is on a lake and attached to the canals- so you could do a boat tour. I'll post a link if anyone wants it. Again, quiet, low-key and you can spend as much or as little as you want.
I am sure there are others- feel free to add yours. Those are the ones I thought of this afternoon.